Before anything let’s come to a conclusion of the phrase ‘Personal Blog’. By this I do not mean a blog which has your ownership. No. What I mean is a blog on which you write your personal issues, likes & Dislikes
I’ve been working on the theme of this blog. Heaven knows that since the time I started it, it has been the biggest pain in the unmentionables to think about. And I may have figured out a solution to my problem, let’s see how it works out in the coming days.
Let’s say that you are a Person X, not anonymous, and want are wanting to make a personal blog. I don’t know about you, I am however, analyzing the purpose of this blog I’ve put up as opposed to having an account on facebook. These are the questions I’ve been asking myself.
- When you create a personal blog, what are your desires?
- Do you want people all around the world should know what you are going through?
- Even if you create a private one, are people going to be reading it?
Now there are many answers to the questions above. Here’s why I’m asking them: because I had a light-bulb moment a few weeks ago about Facebook and my blog.
Let me shed some light on my situation. I am from India. Not a lot of people here are tech savvy. And the ones who are, prefer to stay in a shell of social networking sites like Orkut, Facebook and maybe twitter or social networks like them. It is in these sites where people tell and reveal all (almost). They are also very open and comment a lot in such places. People in India don’t know yet what a blogging is all about. And if you’re trying to write about someone or something, chances are, that in their life time they will never read that blog. People are just too busy to figure out what a blog is all about.
So if your answer to the above is something like this…
- I want to write about my friends, family trips, college Dean (the creep), or my daily routine etc.
- I want people to know what I go through, where I come from and who I am.
- I’d like my readers to be updated with everything about me.
- I want to share pictures of my recent b’day party.
- I want to write about a particular friend of mine and tell him how much his act of kindness helped me.
- I want to tell everyone of my favorite music, this that and all etc etc.
….I would recommend, that you use Facebook instead. FB makes doing all of the above very simple.